100% Online Master of Science in Data Analytics Engineering
Access a Wealth Of Opportunities in Big Data Fields
Located in Virginia. Serving the World.
Gaining the ability to mine and analyze big data is like holding a world opportunity in the palm of your hand. With the MS in Data Analytics Engineering program from George Mason University, you can build expertise for in-demand data analytics careers 100% online, finishing in less than two years.
Offered by the esteemed Volgenau School of Engineering, this multidisciplinary program equips you with an innovative mindset for mining and analyzing big data to solve elusive business challenges. You’ll complete 10 online courses led by faculty with vast industry experience—learn from their expertise as you prepare to turn raw data into valuable insights, helping businesses unlock new opportunities.
Mason provides a flexible path to a data analytics credential recognized for delivering quality education and a solid return on investment. In fact, Value Colleges ranks this program among the top 50 data science graduate programs in the United States.1
Discover the rich online learning experiences available exclusively from Virginia’s largest research university. Plus, capitalize on the proven career and advancement achieved by graduates of Mason’s online programs.
No GRE or GMAT
Finish in 2 Years
20th Most Innovative School2
Download a FREE Program Brochure
The brochure includes program details, course information, and more. Get your copy and connect with an admissions representative by completing the following form.
Note: All fields required.
Certificate in Data Analytics
In addition to the MS in Data Analytics Engineering degree, Mason offers a graduate certificate that you can complete in about 12 months. Seek this certificate to learn to glean meaningful information from big data, with the option to transfer your credits to the master’s degree program.
Online Courses at the Leading Edge of Data Analytics
With Mason’s online MS in Data Analytics Engineering program, you can build the expertise required to mine, analyze, and visualize complex data, enabling you to play a pivotal role in business decision-making. You can also tailor your master’s degree to your career goals by choosing from a rich array of electives.
Sample of course topics include:
Rigorous Academic Standards. Flexible Online Format.
At Mason, we design online programs to offer innovative experiences that propel your ambitions. Like our students on campus, you’ll benefit from our commitment to academic rigor and integrity while learning from the same renowned faculty. And the online format means you can seek an impressive graduate degree or certificate without leaving home, while stationed abroad, and even while traveling. Plus, access advising services online to get the guidance you need to graduate.
Careers at the Intersection of Business and Big Data
Data science employment is projected to grow 15% from 2020 to 2030, much faster than most other occupations.3 Get started in Mason’s MS in Data Analytics Engineering program to gain the technical savvy and hands-on experience needed for big data roles sought by employers across the public and private sectors.
5 Careers in Data Analytics and Beyond
- Data Scientist: $100,910 per year3
- Data Analyst: $62,970 per year4
- Data Engineer: $93,560 per year5
- Data Architect: $98,860 per year6
- Machine Learning Engineer: $112,709 per year7
Bringing Mason to Learners Worldwide
George Mason University is Virginia’s largest public research university. Located near Washington, D.C., Mason enrolls more than 39,000 students from 130 countries and 50 states. With online programs that draw from our spirit as a leader in scholarship and research, Mason prepares graduates to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
Download a FREE Program Brochure
- Value Colleges. Top 50 Best Data Science Programs (Graduate) in the USA. Retrieved June 16, 2022, from https://www.valuecolleges.com/.
- U.S. News & World Report. George Mason University Rankings. Retrieved September 13, 2022, from https://www.usnews.com/.
- O*Net OnLine. Data Scientists: 15-2051.00. Retrieved June 16, 2022, from https://www.onetonline.org/.
- Payscale. Average Data Analyst Salary. Retrieved June 16, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- Payscale. Average Data Engineer Salary. Retrieved June 16, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Database Administrators and Architects. Retrieved June 16, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- Payscale. Average Machine Learning Engineer Salary. Retrieved June 16, 2022, from https://www.payscale.com/.
* This course cannot be taken for credit by students of the MS CS, MS ISA, MS SWE, CS PhD, or IT PhD programs.